Hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s recipes as much as we have. One final recipe, just in case you haven’t exploded Mr Creosote style from all the cake so far this week.
Ever wondered what to do with all that leftover tea after you make pot during a long leisurely afternoon reading and drinking tea? A Tea Loaf is the answer.
- 1 cup cold black tea
- 8 oz / 225g mixed dried fruit (I used currants and goji berries)
- 8 oz / 225g self raising flour
- 4 oz / 113g superfine sugar
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (I used Seedless Bramble Preserve and it was very tasty!)
- Grease a 675g loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place fruit in a small bowl, pouring the cold tea over the top
- Soak, overnight if possible, until the fruit swells
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, egg and marmalade
- The pour in the fruit and any tea left int he bowl, stirring thoroughly
- Put into the load tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin
- Slice, butter if you like and enjoy with a cuppa, and maybe even some rugby
This will keep for a week when stored properly. Similar to banana bread, it could also be toasted before eating.