This is the fifth and final post in a series of tasty breakfast recipes which can be made solely using the equipment found your hotel room.
Soft Boiled Egg with Smashed Avo and Smoked Salmon
If you are looking for something decadent and relatively pain free, and you’ve got access to a decently-stocked IGA, look no further.
Allow about 15 minutes
- an egg
- half an avocado (if not available, avocado dip or even hummus is a nice substitute)
- lemon or lemon juice
- feta cheese (optional)
- smoked salmon
- Place the egg in a mug and cover with boiling water.
- Keep the kettle boiling.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Pour out the water from the mug and add a new batch of boiling water.
- Wait another 3 minutes.
- Retrieve egg from mug.
- Mash avocado with the juice of half a lemon.
- Top avocado with feta.
- Remove the top of the egg to allow access to the goodness inside.
- Serve egg with smashed avo and smoked salmon.
- Enjoy your delicious good-fat breakfast without leaving your room!
I really hoped that you found this week’s hotel room breakfasts useful and tasty!
Is there another situation that your work takes you to which makes it hard to eat healthily/conveniently/at all? Let me know and I’ll see if I can rustle up some more food solutions to make our engineering lives a little bit easier so we can concentrate on worrying about the stuff we’re paid to worry about!