This is the fifth and final post in a series of tasty breakfast recipes which can be made solely using the equipment found your hotel room.
Soft Boiled Egg with Smashed Avo and Smoked Salmon
- an egg
- half an avocado (if not available, avocado dip or even hummus is a nice substitute)
- lemon or lemon juice
- feta cheese (optional)
- smoked salmon
- Place the egg in a mug and cover with boiling water.
- Keep the kettle boiling.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Pour out the water from the mug and add a new batch of boiling water.
- Wait another 3 minutes.
- Retrieve egg from mug.
- Mash avocado with the juice of half a lemon.
- Top avocado with feta.
- Remove the top of the egg to allow access to the goodness inside.
- Serve egg with smashed avo and smoked salmon.
- Enjoy your delicious good-fat breakfast without leaving your room!
I really hoped that you found this week’s hotel room breakfasts useful and tasty!
Is there another situation that your work takes you to which makes it hard to eat healthily/conveniently/at all? Let me know and I’ll see if I can rustle up some more food solutions to make our engineering lives a little bit easier so we can concentrate on worrying about the stuff we’re paid to worry about!