This is the second post in a series of tasty breakfast recipes which can be made solely using the equipment found your hotel room.
Making your own baked beans is so much more satisfying than opening a can of Heinz. And it doesn’t have to be complicated to taste nice.
Allow about 15 minutes
- zip lock plastic bag
- small can of mixed beans
- half a tub of quick cook rice
- a squirt of BBQ sauce
- 3 cherry tomatoes or 1/2 a normal tomato or 1/4 can of diced tomatoes (whatever’s available)
- cheese (optional)
- Chop the tomatoes if required.
- Drain the mixed beans and pour into the ziplock bag.
- Add the rice, tomatoes and BBQ sauce to the ziplock bag.
- Seal the ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible and place in a mug.
- Pour boiling water into the mug ensuring the ziplock bag is submerged.
- Keep the kettle boiling.
- Wait 3 minutes.
- Pour out the water from the mug and add a new batch of boiling water.
- Wait another 3 minutes.
- Tip the contents of the ziplock bag into another mug and top with pepper and cheese
- Enjoy a hot breakfast which won’t immediately give you a heart attack!
You can also use this method to “sous vide” other canned items using boiling water and a zip lock bag.
We’d love to know how you go with your “Baked” Beans and be sure to look out for tomorrow’s recipe, Berserker Muesli!
1 thought on “Hotel Room Breakfasts – Tuesday”
LikeLiked by 1 person